Friday 25 January 2013

O'Neill Evolution 2013 - Slopestyle & Halfpipe Finals

Progression was the key word in the Men's Big Air contest. Maxence Parrot won with his 3rd run, nailing the Backside 1440 Triple Cork Mute -- Boardslide -- Backside Lipslide. This rarely seen trick was a big treat for the huge crowd in Davos. Giving everybody a taste of his intentions in the training earlier this week, he commented on his performance: ''I just landed the cleanest triple cork in my life and i am stoked. I learned this trick only three days ago, and I wasn't even stressed about doing it, but when I landed it, I was shaking, and worried a little about the rail section. I am so happy it all went well and I just won the biggest contest in my life.'' 15 year old Kyle Mack (USA) and Emil Ulsletten (NOR) joined Maxence on the podium, really challenging Maxence in the superfinal after his first run. Kyle attempted to beat Maxence with an extremely stylish Triple Rodeo Indy 1440 -- Backside Lipslide -- Frontside Noseblunt to Fakie, a trick never performed in a contest before. Emil rounded up the podium, his second run being enough to climb up into third spot and stay there. Winning here put Maxence in 6th place on the World Snowboard Tour Big Air ranking, and Antoine Truchon in first place. The Big Air Champion will be crowned at the Billabong Air& Style in Innsbruck in two weeks, let's see if Canadian Antoine can hold his top spot. Emil Ulsletten with his 3rd place managed to climb to the 3rd spot on the Big Air rankings as well. Kyle Mack is now placed 2nd on the Overall rankings. Verena Rohrer and Jan Scherrer win the 5Star World Snowboard Tour Halfpipe contest! Verena Rohrer was quite surprised with her result and said: "I'm really blow away with this win. I didn't really have any expectations when I arrived in Davos, I only wanted to put my run on the ground and let people see what I can do, so I'm pretty stoked with the result! I wanted to get a 7 into my final run, but apart from that, it's the run I've been working on, so it's pretty much exactly what I wanted to do. I've just found out this result has pushed me into 3rd place on the World Snowboard Tour's halfpipe ranking -- I'm blow away!" To take the first spot and 850 ranking points for the World Snowboard Tour, Verena performed a winning run consisting of a Stalefish -- Backside 540 Mute Grab -- Frontside 360 Tailgrab -- Cab 360- Melon --Frontside 540. She was joined on the podium by Clmence Grimal (FRA) and 39 year old Akiko Miwa, both enjoying their time in Davos. Gian Simmen who placed a solid 6th in today's O'Neill Evolution halfpipe final had his best, and final contest outing with a BS 540, FS 720 Indy, Cab 7 Indy, FS 900, Stalefish and a massive Backside Air. Star of the men's contest was Jan Scherrer, one of Gian's protgs. Jan took the win with a solid Back 900 mute -- Front 1080 Tailgrab -- Cab 720 Melon -- Front 900 Mute and was followed by 15 year old Burton European Open junior winner Kyle Mack (USA) and Hiroki Suwa from Japan.

vacation rental by owner siena secrets resorts

No comments:

Post a Comment