Sunday 24 June 2012

Barbers facing hairy night after bet with boss on England victory

TWO Bristol barbers might be pulling their own hair out during England's Euro football match with Italy on Sunday.

They have taken on a bet with their boss, Giacomo Licata, that if England win, they will get a week's paid holiday.

But if England lose, then Gavin Vigurs and Jamie Stock must work a week for no pay.

Mr Licata, who was born in England but has Italian parents and has run his barber's shop in Filton Avenue for the past 26 years, said: "It all started as a bit of banter in the shop and then it escalated into a full-blown bet.

"I had one or two bets with some Irish customers when Italy played Ireland and then we just went from one thing to another.

"I was born in England but my parents are Italian so I support both teams – I'm just sorry they are playing each other in the quarter-finals and not the final.

"I think England are playing much better in this tournament – they are playing with more resilience so the result could go either way."

Gavin, 36, single, from Fishponds, who has worked at the barber's shop for 19 years, said: "I think we can beat Italy. I'm confident we won't lose the bet."

Jamie, 28, who lives with his partner in Downend and has worked at the shop for four years, said: "I think we can do it but it might go to penalties."

Barbers facing hairy night after bet with boss on England victory

club quarters tenaya lodge milford plaza

No comments:

Post a Comment